This is the third year of setting and tracking flight hours goals for the year between annual inspections. Starting just after the 2017 annual inspection completed in late May, I began working toward goals I set for myself for the “year” of flight. By that, I mean the year’s worth of time between FAA-required annual inspections. This is the time between the end of May, 2017 (when I got my airplane back from its annual) and the end of May, 2018 (when my airplane is scheduled to be returned from its next annual).
My goals for the “year” are as follows:
- Fly at least 100 hours
- Land at at least 10 new destinations
- Of the 100 hours, at least 50 hours will include water time
- Of the 10 new destinations, at least 5 will be water-based
What follows is the status of the 2017-2018 flying year’s progress to goal.
So far, I’ve landed at the following new locations:
- DEW – Deer Park WA (24 June 2017)
- RGB – Roseburg OR (22 July 2017)
- Lake Chelan, Stehekin WA (31 August 2017)
- RLD – Richland WA (2 September 2017)
- DLS – The Dalles OR (3 September 2017)